Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Introduction/Primer!

Greetings,

and welcome to my Blog! "Could I Be a Cop?" is a career research blog focused on Law Enforcement
careers! My name is Duncan, I’m a 19 year old living in Washington state with a large interest in Law
Enforcement & helping everyone around me, coming from diverse backgrounds my experience with my
community has lead me to interest in being a patrol officer, as well as community relations  and restorative
justice. I seek the experience of meeting new people, making connections every day all while helping and
maintaining communities around me, this idea I believe could reflect the day to day experience of a patrol
officer. My idea of myself of an officer would stand out by projecting compassion to those around me.
I consider myself soft spoken and sometimes shy but I feel I break out of my shell and shine when I’m
able to help, troubleshoot, and otherwise resolve issues for anyone & everyone around me, I think this is
where being an Officer would suit me.
   
This Blog will focus on research via primary and secondary sources on Law Enforcement careers (in the
area of Washington state specifically) as well as personal reflection on myself and my eligibility for a
potential career as an Officer. I'd like to invite you to join me over the next 9 weeks & 6 more Posts as
I catalog research done both of my own primary sources collected on my Job Shadows and Informational
interviews, hands on experience, as well sourced and organized information pieces using highly
pertinent secondary research. I hope that by the end of this Blog experience my compiled information
may help serve anyone interested in law enforcement to better understand the career and opportunities
of the field and hopefully finally answer the question;


     Could I Be a Cop?

No comments:

Post a Comment